Friday, October 23, 2009

On October 17th we at The Barefoot Sage found ourselves trying to make sense of what had happened. Our worlds of normal were no longer, our home away from home was devastated in a fire. As the days pass and our hearts begin to heal, our minds slow down a bit, we realize how desperately we want "our normal" back. That, will be the driving force for us to wake up every morning and step by step begin to build the bridge to what will be OUR new normal.

Sue and I have an incredible team, you are a gift. We are amazed by our loyal clients, you are all a gift. Our families that love and support us, you are a gift. We are both so blessed to have all of you be part of our lives and know that your thoughts and blessings will be with us as we embark on the reinvention of OUR new Barefoot Sage.

I will be steadfast in relaying our progress, for now we both will try to remember these words every day.


Flow with whatever is happening and let your mind be free.

Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.

This is the ultimate.

Chuang-Tzu

4 comments:

  1. I had not realized what happened. Was there a fire? We are in Corvallis and love to come into Barefoot Sage whenever I come up to Portland as often as I can. I will follow the blog and when I come up I will stop by. Your store is lovely and I hope everything will be where you want it to be soon.
    Lisa Ni Bhraonain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa!!! It is a slow process right now because we are at the mercy of other people but tiny steps are starting to happen,we will be working as hard and as fast as we can to get back on our feet.
    Some of the cleaning has taken place at the space which is very good,we just wish we could wave a magic wand and have it all ready for our loyal clients,our awesome therapists and managers to come back to. All in due time right?
    It is reading comments like yours that will continue to keep our spirits high and our hearts open. Thanks again to all of you who support us.

    Amor y Felicidad,
    Cuqui,Sue and Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you luck!!!

    ReplyDelete