Trying to what? trying to stay positive and hopeful but the reality is that today I am feeling like I want to vent my frustrations................... so here I go, I thought that by now I would have much more information and perhaps be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The fire happened 11 weeks ago, the process has been incredibly slow and I don't even know who to blame, as if blaming anyone would expedite things.
For 11 weeks our team has been out of work, I am so very happy to say though that they are all hanging in there and that they are all just as anxious as we are to get back on our "FEET".
I am a beleiver of "Things happen for a reason", and usually I am good at looking at the whole picture and somewhat be able to determine what the benefits are to whatever has ocurred. This time I am having a little harder time of it, I imagine PATIENCE is perhaps one of the things I am being challenged with. Really?........
The last six months of 2009 were quite intense at many levels, we were just like everyone else still in the midst of the economy,we lost a good friend, had health issues (fortunately with good results) in the end and The Barefoot Sage was devastated in a fire. So YES, I was really hoping that at least we would be a little farther than we are by the first week of this New Year.
One thing is for sure, we are really are so thankful that nobody was hurt during this fire and that we are able to come back with our entire team to give all of you the very best experience we can.
Ok,Ok............I will continue to update all of you as soon as I get more information and I WILL stay positive, because after all we are reopening with our entire team and it is a brand New Year full of hope.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If you were open, I would like to visit. Any chance that you might make house calls in the interim?
ReplyDeleteJanet W.
OH NO! I called the other day and couldn't figure out what was going on and now I read this! I am so sorry!!! And can't believe it. I was trying to contact you to make a group reservation for a birthday in a few weeks. The only other time I have tried to visit you guys you were completely booked! My heart was so set on a group event at your place for 6 ppl. on 1/22. Do you have any suggestions for similar experiences? Signed. . .devasted Tamera
ReplyDeleteVent sista!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have all the rights to vent!!
An honest statement by an affected person.
This too shall pass, and your team will be behind you.
Stay healthy, and positive....
KEEP THE FAITH!
I miss you all! I hope things are progressing - can't wait to make that first delivery in the new space!
ReplyDeleteTake care,
~ david (Wingnut Confections)